vrijdag 21 juni 2013

Goodbye mom.

Vandaag dan die moeilijke gang; we moeten vandaag definitief afscheid nemen van Mama Ietje.
Omringt door familie en vrienden hopen we deze dag door te komen.
De herinneringen zullen er altijd zijn en we hebben er een hoop gelukkig.
"Dag Mama Ietje. We missen je nu al zo...  Doe je papa de groeten? Ik hou van je."
Today is that difficult day; we will have to say our defintive goodbyes to mama Ietje.
Surrounded by family and friends we hope to survive this day.
The memories will always be there and luckely we have lots of those.
"Goodbye Mama Ietjes. We miss you already....  Give our love to dad, will you?  I love you."

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there.
I did not die.

7 opmerkingen:

  1. I love that poem. It just says everything right. This is hard to go through, but I think we are comforted is ways we don't know. Thank heavens we have memories.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Many hugs for you today. I've been thinking and praying for you and Henk. May you be surrounded by friends and family today, and supported in the coming days as well. May the poem ring true. May you feel her presence in everything beautiful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. J and I are loving you and Henk all through this.....
    xo, misha

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I hope you have many wonderful memories to comfort you at this time.
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen