vrijdag 14 juni 2013

A final goodbey -- Een laatste vaarwel

Vandaag hebben Henk en ik naast mijn schoonmoeder gezeten in haar laatste momenten.  Ondanks haar korte ziekbed, kwam het toch nog onverwacht. Dankbaar voor de vele jaren die ze met ons mocht delen moeten we nu zonder haar verder. Mama werd 89 jaar.
Today Henk and I shared  my mother-in-law's last moments. Despite her short sickbed this moment came all too soon. Thankfull for all those years we were able to share with her, we'll have to go on without her. Mom became 89 years old.

Those we love don't go away,
They walk beside us every day,
Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed, and very dear.

Although we smile and make no fuss,
No one misses her more than us;
And when old times we oft recall,
That's when we miss her most of all.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. My deepest sympathies to you and Henk. Many hugs.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. My heart goes out to you and Henk and all of the family. My thoughts will be with you at this difficult time. I am so very sorry for your loss.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thoughts and prayers for you and Henk.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. So hard and so sad to lose a parent. It's like a whole generation is slipping away from you and only good memories are kept. I thought I was ready for my dad to go, but I wasn't. And he was 102. Thoughts are with you both.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Oh, I'm so sorry, Bianca. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. My thoughts are with you and Henk. Be strong. Lane

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen