woensdag 27 maart 2013
Flowers and feathers // Bloemen en veren
Vandaag heb ik eerst weer van alles weg geborgen van wat ik maandag en gister allemaal overhoop had gehaald. Zoals ik laatst al vertelde kan ik slecht meerdere dingen tegelijk doen en ik was weer met veel te veel dingen tegelijk bezig. Dus, opruimen weer, ook in mijn hoofd en één voor één de dingen aanpakken. Vanmorgen heb ik eerst het 2e bloemenquiltje afgemaakt, de blauwe die voor een tante is gemaakt. Randen doorgequilt, bies gesneden, genaaid, gestreken en op de quilt genaaid. Tunneltjes gemaakt en zojuist het etiket geprint. Hij ligt nu klaar om verder met de hand af te werken. But that's for the evenings.
I haven't been this active in ages during such pittyfull weather! Almost every day I'm out of bed real early and I do more in one day than in a week in worse times. Amazing!! I'm planning of enjoying it as good as I can while it lasts...
Today I first put away all kinds of things that I took out monday and yesterday. Like I told a while back I'm very bad at doing more things at one time and I did do too much at the same time again. So, I cleared out the room, cleared my head and started over one thing at a time.
This morning I first finished the second flowerquilt, the blue one which I made for an aunt. Quilted the borders, cut fabric for the binding, sewed, ironed and sewed the binding on the quilt. Just now I made a label and attached the sleeves. Now it's ready to be finished by hand. Maar dat is voor de avonden.
During a break I settled down with the laptop and a cup of coffe playing around with EQ. Now my little sis is having a baby there has to be a quilt designed and made for the little one ofcourse! There has been many designed and rejected and every now and than I show her some too, because I really want to make sure I make something she likes. And good I did, because my favorite was not her cup of tea. We will continue as long as needed untill we find one that's good enough for the both of us.
This afternoon I continued with the little chair. Removing all the staples which the fabric is attached with is quite a pesky job! What a hassle... But I managed. Than gave the chair a good sanding down and cleaned it with water and ammoniac (and nearly past out from the fummes because I put too much ammoniac in and had my head over the sink) Than I plastered the little holes and dents. Now I'm actually waiting for it to dry, so I can start painting. With a bit of luck two coats of paint will be enough and can I begin upholstering on friday.