maandag 28 januari 2013

A Royal Resignation // Een Koninklijk ontslag

Our Queen Beatrix
Onze koningin heeft zojuist het Hollandse volk haar ontslag ingediend. We krijgen een koning!!
Ik ben niet echt super Oranje-fan ofzo, maar dit vind ik wel bijzonder. Toen de huidige Koningin gekroond werd heb ik dat niet echt bewust meegemaakt, ondanks dat ik toen 8 jaar was. Nu na drie koninginnen weer een koning krijgen vind ik toch best bijzonder.
Nog een paar maandje wachten, want dit alles gaat pas op 30 april gebeuren.
Our soon-to-be Queen Maxima and King Willem IV
Our Queen just served the Dutch people her resignation. We are getting a king!! 
I'm not a real fan of the royal family or something like that, but I think this is a special thing. When the current Queen was inaugurated I didn't consiously wittnessed this, despite I was 8 years old. Now we are getting a king after three queens, so I think that's very special. 
We'll have to wait for a few months, because all of this will take place on april 30th. 


Our future King and Queen; Willem IV and Maxima

3 opmerkingen:

  1. What historic news--and I heard it first from you!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow, I will have to tell my Mom as she is from Bakel. She will like this!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love stuff like this. It's all so regal and royal and beautiful. *sigh* I must still believe in the Cinderella story.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen